- 4 whole artichokes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs of choice (dill, tarragon, lemon balm, rosemary)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Bring large pot of water to boil. Boil the artichokes for about 20 minutes or until barely soft. Drain cooking water, rinse with cold and set upside down to drain completely. Once artichokes have cooled, gently squeeze any remaining water and carefully cut in half from stem to tip. Scoop out and discard fuzzy choke.
In Medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper. Place prepared artichokes in sealable container, pour in marinade, seal, shake gently and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Red Pepper Aioli
- 1 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cup grapeseed oil mayonnaise
- 3 roasted red pepper, drained
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Place the red pepper and garlic in food processor. Pulse the pepper and garlic until pureed. Add the mayonnaise and blend until smooth. While the food processor is running pour in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. You can make the aioli 2 days in advance.
Preheat grill to high and sear artichoke until grill lines show (1-2 minutes per side). Serve hot with aioli on the side! Enjoy!